Anno Designer Edit
Please leave anything related to the anno designer here.
If you add something here please preced it with a level-3 header, i.e. === Comment === and don't forget to sign it with ~~~~. Thanks! :)
I like your Anno Designer! It just works, which I think is far from trivial. Thanks for making it.
--Grilse 19:54, December 10, 2011 (UTC)
Improvements and icons Edit
I have submited some improvements on your goggle code project page :) Also have a few other improvements aswell as bugs iv found.
First being the text on a 16x1(tall but skinny ) item ( road ) does not show up as its just ... mybe make it so text will go what ever way is the longest?
2nd when i load from a save and delete everything or make big change then save over the old fire and then try to export the image it shows the old save layout not the new one.
Also i tried to put icons in a grouped folder but they wont load cuz i cant change the path that the icons are found at.
Love the program ill let you know if i find anything else keep up the great coding.
This worked very well for me. I can't thank you enough. My suggestions for enhancments are:
- Memory optimization. The program seems to lag the longer I use it, and I wonder if it has a memory leak?
- Add white and several shades of gray to the standard color palate to make it easier to model layouts for colorblind people. I'm not colorblind, but I keep seeing comments about people struggling with the layouts, so encouraging grayscale layouts is good. The nice way you added the icons makes colors redundant anyway. :)
- A used item tally that lists the buildings you have used, how many of each. Maybe even a tile count that includes tiles used edge to edge, tiles used by buildings, tiles used by roads.
- Include a borderless road item.
- It would also be nice to have sort abilities for the item list for easier searching. Perhaps by Faction, Building Type, etc. Or even better, a simple search option.
Vandari 00:16, December 18, 2011 (UTC)
This program is excellent! I've been able to document my building layouts which I'll load as soon as I finish the Tycoon one.
Vandari 19:16, December 17, 2011 (UTC)Vandari
Can't find Thermal Station in Anno Desiger, the icon is there "icon_27_75" but no building in building list. I've also noticed ranges aren't quite correct. I was making plan with vegetable farms with fields literally on the ends of range, Anno Designer was showing that fields were in range, i've build the farm the way i designed and bam, it came up that fields were actually not in range. Seems like it's adding just a little bit more range to buildings then really is in-game.
I hope you will improve your program because it's very useful tool, keep up good work!
For features... maybe i missed something but option to move the grid like you'd move map would be nice, seems to me like only option to increase your workfield is by zooming out. Tell me i'm wrong?
- The Thermal Station is there, but it's called "cogeneration_power_station" .. I know the building names are confusing because they are the games internal identifiers and not the "real" english names. I did that because there were some problems with the generated buildings list, but that list has been improved quite a lot over the last week and I'm going to switch to the new version soon (see Development_Pages).
- You're right, the ranges aren't quite correct. As you said, they are a tiny bit bigger than actually in the game. I haven't had time to correct that but it's surely on the list.
- Currently you can't move the grid around, but you can easily move around all buildings by pressing both mouse buttons. Maybe I'll change that in the future. Depends on how much time I have.. ;)
- Anyway, thanks for your feedback :)
- ZackSchneider (talk) 17:30, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
I am losing hope about the island maps, so i'll have a look into building data,, what would you need most in v0.4? Please leave a comment on JSON Building Properties, thanks. --deathApril (talk) 13:20, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
XP Problems 1 Edit
Broken, doesn't work. Downloaded and got an error whenever i try to open it. -- Zayeban 21:34, 19 March, 2012 (UTC)
- A little more detail than "broken" would be great if you want me to help you ;)
- If you are not using Windows 7 you might need to install the Microsoft .NET framework 4.0, which usually comes through windows-update. That's the only thing I can think of which will definitely crash the application if it's missing..
- ZackSchneider (talk) 23:35, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
XP Problems 2 Edit
Same here. Still running XP - all updated and Net 4.0 installed. It just produces a generic windows error that the Program had to be terminated. Event viewer had an entry tho:
- Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime Event Category: None Event ID: 1026 Date: 04.05.2012 Time: 05:21:20 User: N/A Computer: MIMI Description: Application: AnnoDesigner.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.FileFormatException Stack:
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrameDecode.EnsureThumbnail() at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrameDecode.get_Thumbnail() at MS.Internal.AppModel.IconHelper.GetBestMatch(System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1<System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapFrame>, System.Windows.Size) at MS.Internal.AppModel.IconHelper.CreateIconHandleFromImageSource(System.Windows.Media.ImageSource, System.Windows.Size) at MS.Internal.AppModel.IconHelper.GetIconHandlesFromImageSource(System.Windows.Media.ImageSource, IconHandle ByRef, IconHandle ByRef) at System.Windows.Window.UpdateIcon() at System.Windows.Window.SetupInitialState(Double, Double, Double, Double) at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean) at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindowDuringShow() at System.Windows.Window.SafeCreateWindowDuringShow() at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run() at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) at AnnoDesigner.App.Main()
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
XP Problems 3 Edit
This application is exactly what I've been looking for. Great work.
Alas, it doesn't even start for me.
- WinXP service pack 3.
- Microsoft .Net 4 framework installed (up to date and repaired to make sure)
When I try to run AnnoDesigner I get the following generic error:
"AnnoDesigner has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."
I'm looking forward to an XP friendly version so I can start experimenting with layouts.
XP Fix Edit
Ok, I finally got the time to look into the XP problems and fixed it. I will release a fixed version soon. Thanks for your comments here.
are you / can you Create an update for this amazing tool include DepSea Addon buildings !?
Thanks for the Anno Designer tool. I love it to death! But there is one aspect I would love to see updated: Deep Ocean. Not trying to come off as arrogant, but shouldn't it only be expansion? I can provide the necessary data, if you want. Please get it updated! Please, for me?