Ships can be used to explore seaways, discover new trading partners and transport goods from one island to the next.
Classes of ShipsEdit
A variety of ship types which can differ greatly in hold capacity, susceptibility to damage and speed are available for your adventure in Anno 2070. The ship’s speed is also additionally influenced by the current cargo load and / or damage. For submersible craft see Submarines.
Ships are divided into Trade Ships and Warships.
- Trade ships specialize in transporting and are capable of transporting large quantities of Goods and Items with minimal loss of speed. However, they are unarmed and unable to defend themselves when under attack.
- Warships are used in combat to attack enemy vehicles and buildings. Warships each have their own specialization and thus, different classes of warships specialize in different combat situations. They can be used to transport goods but they will generally lose a lot of speed when transporting large quantities of goods.
- Freight ship (3x 40t hold, 1 slot)
- Cargo liner (Eco only) (4x 50t holds, 1 slot）
- Container ship (Tycoon only) (6x 60t holds, 2 slots）
- Oil Tanker (Sokow's ship) (8x60t holds, 0 slots）
- Enemy Trading Ship (Eco) (3x 40t holds, 3 slots)
- Enemy Trading Ship (Tycoon) (3x 40t holds, 3 slots)
- Commando Ship 20/20/– (4/4/– DPS)
- Viper –/14/42 (–/4/11 DPS)
- Hovercraft 40/25/– (10/6/– DPS) (Eco only)
- Colossus –/60/– (–/10/– DPS) (Tycoon only)
- Shark 21/21/21 (7/7/7 DPS) (Unlockable, Keto's ship)
- Raider 15/15/15 (3/3/3 DPS) (Unlockable, Hector's ship)
- Atlas -/-/- (Deep Ocean) (Tech only)
- Enemy Warship (Viper) 15/15/15 (3/3/3 DPS)
- Enemy Warship (Hovercraft) 10/10/10 (?/?/? DPS)
- Enemy Warship (Colossus) 25/25/25 (5/5/5 DPS)
- Enemy Warship (Raider) 15/15/15 (3/3/3 DPS)
There are several ways to obtain ships:
- Building one at an Eco Shipyard or a Tycoon Shipyard;
- Buying one from Hector when at peace with him;
- Calling in an Auxiliary Fleet from Rufus Thorne or Yana Rodriguez;
- Hijacking one from an other player;
- At your Ark you can order a Commando Ship if you don't have any Commando Ships in your fleet.
- "Northburgh" is sometimes used as a ship name, as a reference to Lord Richard Northburgh in Anno 1404.