- "S.A.A.T., the Scientific Academy of Advanced Technologies, is unique in the history of mankind. The most brilliant Scientists from all over the world united under one banner. We will prize the last secrets from the Earth for the good of humanity!"
- —Prof. Dr. Salman Devi about S.A.A.T
Techs prefer modern methods of energy production such as Nuclear power. Many of their production plants use resources taken from underwater plateaus, which makes their economy both fairly efficient and quite challenging.
- F.A.T.H.E.R.: the super A.I. that leads S.A.A.T.
- Dr. Salman Devi: the spokesperson for S.A.A.T.
- Dr. Tori Bartok: the assistant of Dr. Devi.
- "Ever since I modified the user interfaces all the control terminals, the man-machine symbiosis has been one of the driving forces behind S.A.A.T.'s success. But I will create new systems designed to further optimize the interaction between man and machine, thereby paving both S.A.A.T.'s and mankind's way to the future."
Deep Ocean ExpansionEdit
In the Deep Ocean Expansion the tech faction gets heavily expanded. Many new underwater buildings, four new production chains and even a new population class, the Geniuses, are added.
Involvement in the founding of E.T.O.Edit
Hiro Ebashi was once a researcher of S.A.A.T., but because fellow researchers, among them Salman Devi, didn't agree with him on his opinions regarding a budgetary shift towards more advanced military technologies, Hiro left the Academy and created his own, E.T.O..
After ANNO 2070 Edit
S.A.A.T. was not able to recuperate its reputation from the F.A.T.H.E.R. incident when their created AI tried to violently seize power. Ibarra-Foxcom drove them out of the market.
Scientific Academy for Advanced Technologies
Einstein Plaza 720