Thanks to your active support, the inventor Josh Steen has regained his memories of the technology behind the former. He immediately begins to develop a new prototype, but progress comes to an abrupt stop when it becomes clear that many of the required construction materials cannot be imported.
|Objectives||Deliver the required materials to Josh|
|Protect him from further attacks|
|NPCs||Rufus Thorne, Yana Rodriguez, Josh Steen, Hector|
Main Objective Edit
||| MAIN OBJECTIVE|
No time limits are imposed for any of the associated quests.
Primary Quests Edit
Note: The requested materials cannot be bought from NPCs directly, but they can still be purchased via Warehouse buy orders, once the prerequisite population requirements are met which unlock that trade.
|||The great leap forward|
Note: The Bio Technician must be manually activated on the Island after building the Warehouse.
Secondary Quests Edit
Each quest in the following chain will only become available once you have met the preceding Primary Quest requirements and delivered the corresponding Goods to Josh Steen's Ark.
Raw material intensive
Supplementary Quests Edit
The following quest is made available (spawning the associated fleets) after advancing to the Employee class:
Global Trust (Tycoons) Edit
"Climate Change? This concept sounds like it could be very bad for business." - Rufus Thorne
- Main Island (North East of Ark): This Island should be requisitioned to fulfill the basic needs of your settlement; including Tools, Concrete, Convenience Food and Luxury Meals production.
- Vegetable/Champagne Island (South West): This Island produces all necessary agricultural Goods and should be settled second, beginning Convenience Food production immediately.
- Plastics/Steel Island (North West): This Island houses Plastics and Carbon chains. Additional Iron/Steel chains may be built here to meet mission requirements. It will be necessary to drag the center point of the Trade route in the Strategic Map over to the left, in order to avoid the enemy fleet presence initially.
- Truffle Island (South East): This Island is affected by the Pollution ecological disaster (-175 Ecobalance). It should be avoided by setting up a buy order for Truffles at the earliest convenience through a Warehouse buy order. Otherwise, Grape fertility and 2 Deacidification Stations will be required to improve conditions.
- Place a buy order for 20t of Omega Acids directly at all Warehouses, as soon as they become available, to supplement your own production chains.
|256 Workers||780 Employs||1150 Engs||1200 Execs|
Eden Initiative (Ecos) Edit
"A greener future than that which has ever been seen! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!" - Yana Rodriguez
- Main Island (North East of Ark): Contains all the Goods needed to satisfy your population, except Vegetable fertility, which may be purchased from NPCs. Alternatively, use the Island directly to the South to grow Vegetables.
- Fruit/Durum Wheat Island (North West): Provides all the necessary resources for advancement to the Executive class, except Flour Mills, which require river slots and must reside on the mainland.
- Vegetable/Corn Island (South): This Island may be used to produce Biopolymers if absolutely necessary, or Corn fertility may be purchased for the North Western (Fruit/Durum) Island instead.
- Place a buy order for 20t of Biopolymers and their components at all Warehouses, as soon as they become available, to supplement your own production chains.
|256 Workers||780 Employs||1150 Engs||1200 Execs|
S.A.A.T. (Techs) Edit
- 150 Lab Assistants will be required for Laboratory/Generator construction to begin. This will involve building 30 Domiciles within the existing City Center limits, which later need to be removed to make space for more Worker Barracks.
- The 10t Carbon required to build a Laboratory (for Generator construction) can easily be obtained as Tycoons by constructing 1 Tech building (10k Credit unlock at the Ark), one additional Refinery chain and 1 Carbon Factory on the Plastics Island; later repurposing it for a third Plastics Factory and removing the Carbon. Ecos must unlock Techs, and place a buy order or purchase it from NPCs (may only become available with Executives) [needs verification].
"There's a slight chance this might cause massive Hurricanes to develop; but enough about that." - Josh Steen
- The first order of business should be to reach Engineer level, build 3 Vipers (15t Weapons and 20t Iron per unit), and remove the enemy fleet presence, making available the other Islands for use. This can be achieved with 750 Eco/Tycoon Employees (required for Weapons production), then upgrading a single unit to Engineer status (required for Vipers). Hector's units will occasionally attempt to harass, board or destroy your cargo vessels if not dispatched.
- After obtaining enough resources to construct Food and Lifestyle product chains for the Engineer class, disable 4 Tool Workshops and place 2 Munitions Factories. Once you have 45t of Weapons, disable those in order to obtain 60t of Iron to construct 3 Vipers; then destroy them and enable the Tools Workshops once more. Alternatively, setup additional Iron production chains.
- Allowing the Employee class to consume Convenience/Health Food, but not Plastics/Communicators will provide a solid Tax base initially, when increased. The Ministry's Job TV channel/Education Net's Child & Career program may be used to increase Tax revenue further. Set the Ministry's channel to Success Stories when upgrading Tycoons and let them eat Plastics.
- Upgrading 30 Engineer Apartments to Executive Mansions will cost 30t Building Modules, 60t Tools, Wood/Concrete and Glass/Steel. 160 Worker Barracks may be reduced to 143 with Living Spaces increase.
- Despite a requirement of 1,200 Eco/Tycoon Executives for the production of Biopolymers/Omega Acids, the mission objectives can be accomplished with only 600 Executives [needs verification]; to make available the required Trade opportunities. Thus, by setting up buy orders at all available Warehouses, building Biopolymer chains and Fat Factories is not strictly a requirement; but may hasten completion.
- It is possible to make peace with Hector (for 1 hour) and buy ships from him. As redundant as that may seem, it may offer you some reprieve from harassment by his pirate fleet. However, the ships available for sale are not economically sensible at 8k Credits each.
- A Fire Station and Hospital are not necessary, as the possibilities of Fire and Illness are 0%.
Video Guide Edit
Video Walkthrough by YouTube user Leafonthewin