In this event, a pirate group called the Neo Skulls have stolen many nuclear weapons and they threaten to use them. Everyone, including you, is called upon to destroy them and their bases.The leader of the Neo Skulls is Scorpio. He is the brother of Hector, but Scorpio is much more aggressive. If you successfully complete the third mission, you gain access to Scorpio's portrait.
Warning: Goods piled up in the ark are not carried over to the next mission like in the campaign
Take your time to destroy the Neo Skulls base. The Neo Skulls will not attack you or patrol the sector unless you've attacked them, but even then they will not follow you to the harbor. You can buy all the ships you need from Rufus Thorne and Yana Rodriguez.
Mission 2EditIn this sector you need little defenses to protect your harbor, but you have ample time to prepare yourself. This time, Rufus and Yana don't sell unlimited ships to you. However, this mission is still completable without reaching the engineer level.
Be careful not to encounter the Neo Skulls in the beginning because they will patrol the sector instead of their habitat and they don't give up the chase that easy. Still, a hovercraft is too fast for them in this mission.
You can destroy the nuclear silos by targeting the Depot (lower HP).
Mission 3 Edit
This scenario is completely different from the previous two missions and one way to win it is by building three firebirds and bombard the HQ (air raid does 2k damage and the HQ has 5K HP). You win the scenario if the HQ is destroyed regardless how many units still roam the sector or how many Pirate turrets are left.Different how?
- Homeland has 0 ecobalance, every other island -600 ecobalance.
- Homeland isn't enough to reach the engineering level. You lack one fertility.
- Rufus Thorn only provides 2-3 battleships at a cost of 18K - 18.6K each (3 is the maximum you receive).
- Loads of raiders patrolling in pairs across the sector.
- You must reach engineering class. (Does NOT count if you use the third method).
Now how do we begin?
You start with a commando - and 2 freight ships with a total of 80t tools 80t building modules and 10t fish together with 1 warehouse on the fertile mainland also filled with 40t tools, 40t building modules and 10t fish.
Rule of thumb in this mission: never leave a ship at an undefended harbour or an ark: raiders will come from HQ to hunt them down and you cannot save your ship if they catch it (not even a colossus). These raiders also stay in the area for a period of time to look for new ships and harbour defenses. If you have them, hope it's good enough.
Build as quickly as possible up to worker class: buy munition and start building harbour defenses. Then either buy a colossus or use your command ship to lure the patrolling units into your harbour. Only lure the patrolling units around an island you want to settle. Leave the others be, they will not hunt you until you provoke them and in this manner it seems less ships are spawning in Neo Skullz HQ.Example of harbour defenses with repair cranes with which you can fend off the first attack.
Then when you cleared the patrolling raiders around an island you want to settle, settle and build farms. Don't waste resources on eco-balance because it will not help. Remember one farm operates at 50% and the coffee and sugar beets only at 25%.
Buy glass and materials to build your initial 2-3 hovercraft and add some additional harbour defenses at your warehouse. If the raiders haven't attacked you yet, they will now, with brute force. So build your ships on the back side of the island away from the HQ and leave one decoy at your harbour (raiders attack the first thing they see or break in groups).
If you managed to fend off the first raid, congratulations. The hard part is over. Use 3-4 hovercraft for the occasional ships the HQ will send and start building your research settlement.
The goal is to build three firebirds. Buy your advanced weapons instead of producing them yourself and eventually do an air raid on the HQ.
Method 2: The Smart Micro BuildEdit
This walkthrough is much faster, but requires some micromanagement of your battleships during combat.
- Expand your main island until you have a ship limit of 10 and gain access to the munition factory.
- Build 4-5 towers at your main harbor to keep the patrol ships away from your coast.
- Raise diplomatic standing with Thorne (Lobby, Quest, etc) until you are able to use all diplomatic measures.
- Build commandos until 8/10 or 9/10 if you have a trading vessel.
- Ask Thorne for a war fleet via diplomacy.
- Buy the ships near his arc.
- Acquire the top-most island near the Neo Skullz base and build 3-4 towers and 3-4 repair cranes.
- Move your entire fleet in unison; pick off patrol units and take out his out turrets.
- Return to your staging base after every major battle and repeat step 8.
- Do not let any of your ships go below 25%.
- Do not lose any of your ships as you won't be able to build any new ones.
- Make use of your spare licenses to buy combat upgrades
- The AI attacks the closest ship relative to the attacking vessel, therefore you can use your vipers and colossuses to soak initial damage, then pull them back and let other ships get attacked instead.
- Save often!
- If you choose your ships, and than click CTR + any number key, you will be able to choose your fleet faster, for example by clicking CTRL+1, your able to choose all of your ships at once by clicking 1.
Method 3: The Lazy, Yet Foolproof BuildEdit
This method is a little tricky, and it requires some time, but its possible to win the final mission without reaching the Engineer Class, with nothing other than than a swarm of Command ships, 2 Vipers, and 1 Colossus. Its recommended that you use the Tycoon Faction, as they're the most efficient for tools and Munition production, which is crucial using this method.
1. Settle your island, and then build your city as big as you are able to. You need to have a military cap >90 in order to successfully defeat the Neo Skullz HQ.
2. As soon as your able to, build a Tools production chain and as many Munition Plants as your able to. If your current Command Ship or Freighters are attacked, transfer the goods to your warehouse and destroy them. (Used this method twice, and the Skullz never directly attacked my ports).
3. Once you have enough Munitions, build turrets in your harbor. Build them close together and far away from shore in order to maximize coverage. You will need 2-3 shipyards in order to build ships fast enough, so the turrets must be built with that in mind.4. Let your game run for a while (hold + to speed it up). You will need a lot of money to build the massive fleet this build requires. Make sure taxes are set to yellow when you start to make this go faster.
5. As soon as you got enough money (about $60,000-$90,000 should be enough), and enough Munitions (About 90 tons) build as many Commando ships as your able to. If you got a ship limit of 92 that's more than 20 Commando ships. Buy a war fleet of 2 Vipers and a Colossus from Thorne.
6. Use all of your ships and attack the patrolling Raiders! Pick them off one group at a time. Use your entire fleet to attack each group (The last thing you want to get yourself in is a fair fight). Repair as needed.
7. Once you have eliminated the Raiders, send your ships to attack the Neo Skullz HQ directly. Punch a hole in the turret line. If you attack each turret with the entire fleet, this should not be a problem. Send your fleet back to your harbor and repair them if you need to.(You need to plan a specified location for your ships to stay when they open fire on the HQ, this makes it much easier and more secure to attack the HQ...).
8. Open fire on the HQ! It is important that you make sure that none of your ships sail into turrets firing range. Hammer Scorpio into submission.
Congratulations! All score aside, you beat the mission with minimal effort.
Usually, this method lets a player to complete the mission in about 1-2 hours.
If you choose your ships, and than click CTRL + any number key, like CTRL+1, you will be able to choose these ships faster by clicking the 1-key. This is helpful when attacking the Raiders...
As a side note, a colossus with a single +30% range upgrade outranges the turrets and can bombard them with impunity.
(This method is meant only for players not skilled in micromanagement. It can be accomplished with a much smaller fleet in a better time with method 2.)
After Mission 1Edit
- "Active Disarmament" achievement.
- Title: Pirate Hunter
- 50 Career Points (faction is determinable)
After Mission 2Edit
- 150 Career Points (faction is determinable)
After Mission 3Edit
- "Ground Arms!" achievement.
- Portrait: Scorpio
- 300 Career Points (faction is determinable)