An external tool is a piece of software that works with Anno 2070, but is not part of the game itself.
The game developers use programs specifically designed for creating maps and scenarios in Anno 2070. These are called ToolOne and World Editor.
The versions of these tools for Anno 2070 have not yet been released. Presumably these will be made available to fans at some point.
There is an Android App providing some help while settling your islands.
- Anno 2070 Companion : Check the video on how it works!
- Apps were banned because of trademark infringement. An illegal version can be found here.
An assortment of calculators has been created. These can tell you how many production buildings you will need to satisfy the demands of your inhabitants, or how many of your inhabitants will ascend to each class, once all demands have been satisfied.
Main article: Calculators
Anno Designer Edit
This application provides tools to build layouts and export them as images.
Project page: http://code.google.com/p/anno-designer/
The game's data is packaged into a number of .RDA archives. You can find these in your installation folder. For example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\anno 2070\maindata\Data0.rda
Mrboese has created an RDA explorer, that allows to you view, extract and modify the contents of these archives. It was created for Anno 1404, but also works on Anno 2070's archives.
Download page: http://www.mediafire.com/?zycazu9u0el0b4i.
Discussion thread (German):
RDA file organizationEdit
- Most AI files.
- Specifications of buildings, items, etc. Contains balancing settings.
- Most of the GUI can be found here
- Maps, generators, islands: They're in here.
- Movies and sound/music.
- Post-effects and shaders.
- Localization data.
- Localization data.
- Updated copies of balancing settings, icons, and more.
- Updated copies of AI, config, graphics, levels, scripts and system. Also has the folder 'guidata'.
Development Pages : A place on the wiki where programmers here can freely communicate about any tools being developed for Anno 2070 (since we know that the official forums are evil).
The article on external tools for Anno 1404: