|Unlock||Upgrade from Worker Barracks|
Residences must be connected, by road, to buildings in order by be recognized as fulfilling their needs.
Each Employee House holds 15 residents (16 with the "Better Living" channel in effect).
Employees unlock second level buildings at the following population levels:
- 1 Employee: Iron Ore Mine, Coal Mine, Iron Smelter, Tools Workshop, Tree Nursery, Sawmill, Statistics Center, Port Authority, Repair Dock, Quay Wall, Plaza, Rain Water Tank, Tool Shed, Summer Tree, Flowerbed
- 360 Employees (24 Residences/30 Total): Farmhouse, Rice Farm, Health Food Factory, Shipyard, Weather Control Station
- 600 Employees (40 Residences/50 Total): Sand Extractor, Copper Mine, Chip Factory, Electronics Factory, Fire Station, Parks and Gardens, Copse
- 750 Employees (50 Residences/63 Total): Munitions Factory, Education Network, Thermal Power Station, Harbor Defense Turret
Employees will upgrade their houses to become Engineer Apartments when their needs are met:
- Food: Fish (50%) and Health Food (50%)
- Drink: Tea
- Lifestyle: Communicators
- Community: City Center
- Activity: Concert Hall
- Information: Education Network
- Participation: N/A
In order to upgrade 750 Employees are needed to unlock the Education Network.
The upgrade process requires 2 Tools, 2 Building Modules and 3 Wood.
60% of Employee Houses can evolve to Engineer Apartments.
- The Employee House appearance can always be switched between 4 types with "C" button, allowing the player to make the city of their dreams.