|Construction Cost||5,500 · 20 · 30 · 15|
|Maintenance Cost||-80 · 10|
|Cargo Holds|| 1 x 40 tons|
|Attack Power||–/60/– (–/10/– DPS)||
|Special Ability||Depth Charges|
|Build Time|| 2:30|
|Unlock||1 Tycoon Engineer|
The Colossus is a large battleship only available to the Tycoon faction. It is equipped with depth charges for submarine warfare, and heavy, long range naval guns that are very effective against buildings and ships, and also has a gun on its back, which enhances certain combat situations. It has no defense against aircraft, and its slow speed makes it vulnerable to them if unsupported by anti-air capable ships or aircraft.
The Colossus is the most powerful ship in the game in terms of ship/building damage and hit points, but also the bulkiest, slowest and least maneuverable.
Strategies & TacticsEdit
- The Colossus is very vulnerable to air units, so if you want to use them effectively make sure you know where the enemy's aircraft are at all times, and make sure you have enough anti-air ships or aircraft to counter the threat. Once engaged, the Colossus cannot disengage from air attacks, and will only be made slower as it takes more damage. Use this to your advantage if the enemy is using them. If you catch a Colossus away from the fleet or with weak air support, it's a sitting duck. Cripple it with air and you can safely finish it off with lesser ships.
- The Colossus takes 5 minutes to regenerate its depth charge special ability, so send them in pairs or with Vipers support against Submarines. Again, use this to your advantage when using subs in your fleet.
- The Colossus requires a lot of mined materials to build. It takes 9 Rotary Excavators, 9 Iron Ore Mines, 3 Uranium Mines, along with all the production facilities, to get the required materials in 5 minutes.
- In the Anno 2070 Artbook the Colossus is referred to as the Viper. In the end, a different model of ship was used as the Viper.
- The Colossus' Depth Charge has been improved in later patches, and it's much faster to execute than before.